Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm Not Qualified to Write This

Anyone who has known me for more than five minutes can list a handful of things that I've done wrong. If they've known me longer than that, then they'd better get more hands. I thought about providing a list of some of those things, but I've got a feeling that most of you will believe that I've got more than my fair share of flaws and that many of them run deep. Anyone who doesn't believe that yet will eventually.

That flawed existence has scared me from telling a broader audience about some of the spiritual things that I've experienced and seen. I was afraid that my ability to transmit the message would be obscured by my own sins and I know that many of you will not be able to look past my faults. I cannot argue against that judgment. Your heart should always be your guide and if it tells you that I'm full of it, then you're probably right.

This week I had another amazing experience that I cannot attribute to anything other than the act of a higher power. It was powerful and life-changing. After a lot of thought, I've decided that it's my duty to tell the stories about how I've been blessed and what I think I've learned. Although, I'd be lying if I claimed to have even one millionth of the answers. I'm just searching for Truth with dirty glasses.

I know myself and this world well enough to be certain that I'm going to fail and sin throughout the writing of this blog. I ask that you please try and overlook my continued failings to focus on the meaning of what I've seen and experienced. It is more beautiful than the teller is not.

Thank you,
Matt


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hear what you have seen and experienced recently. Keep writing--we're listening.

    ReplyDelete